Loft boarding rises in popularity in Worcestershire and Warwickshire

We’ve been in the loft improvement business for more than a decade and, whilst we have always remained busy, we have seen the various aspects of our work rise and fall in popularity over that time. One general trend stands out and that is the increase in demand for loft boarding.

Up to a few years ago 75% of our work involved fitting fixed loft ladders and installing new hatches. Boarding loft spaces made up the other 25%. Throughout 2020 and 2021, our work has changed to consist of 50% boarding and 50% loft ladders.

Loft boarding creates a feeling of space

Talking with our customers reveals the reasons for the demand for loft boarding. Number one is the fact that we have all been spending so much more time at home during Covid 19. This increased time in the home has led customers to reassess the space they have and created a desire to free their living spaces of items that could be stowed in the loft out of sight. It is not just that customers have been working from home or were home-schooling children. As well as carving out specific areas for a home office or to exercise in, customers just simply wanted to create a feeling of space. 

Whereas before customers would fit a ladder and think about boarding the loft space themselves or getting us back at a later date to do it, loft boarding has become a priority.

“Customers are saying to us that what is the point of fitting a fixed ladder if they still have to be careful not to go through the floor when they are up in the loft,” explains Stuart Dyson, owner of Stu’s Loft Ladders. “Without boarding, it is almost impossible to effectively use the space in your loft.”

Take a look at our boarding page for more information or our Facebook page for examples of recent work and customer reviews.